ETOPS (EXTENDED-RANGE TWIN-ENGINE OPERATIONS)
The course has been designed to give flight crew personnel a thorough overview of ETOPS fundamentals, focusing on key topics and concepts.
£40.00 (exc. VAT)
Who is this aimed at? Pilots, flight crew operatives including flight planning and dispatch.
ETOPS (Extended-range Twin-engine aircraft Operations, or Operational Performance Standards) procedures and best practices are relevant to a broad spectrum of personnel involved in aviation.
This cost effective eLearning training course provides an introduction to ETOPS and familiarity with the implications.
- What ETOPS is, what it means, and why it exists. A quick look at related aircraft and the separate focus areas of ETOPS.
- A short history of flight and how ETOPS came into being. How ETOPS evolved over the years and why.
- ETOPS approval, what is it, why would you need it and how to get it.
- Interactions with Air Traffic Control and other aircraft.
- ETOPS legislation and emergency procedures.
- The different ETOPS ratings and what they mean for aviation.
- EDTO, and how it relates to ETOPS. Implications for the transition from ETOPS to EDTO.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be issued with a certificate.