ETOPS (Extended-range Twin Engine Operations)
The course has been specifically designed to give you a thorough overview of ETOPS fundamentals, focusing on key topics and concepts.
£36.00 (exc. VAT)
Who is this course aimed at? Maintenance engineers, technicians and instructors.
ETOPS (Extended-range Twin-engine aircraft Operations, or Operational Performance Standards) procedures and best practices are relevant to a broad spectrum of personnel involved in aviation.
This course provides an introduction to ETOPS and familiarity with the implications.
- What is ETOPS, what does it mean, and why it exists – look at related aircraft and the separate focus areas of ETOPS.
- A short history of flight and how ETOPS came into being. How ETOPS evolved over the years and why.
- ETOPS approval, what is it, why would you need it and how to get it.
- Maintenance considerations of ETOPS, why it’s important for engineers, technicians, and other personnel involved in the process.
- Aircraft Type Design, what considerations are necessary for aircraft to be allowed to gain ETOPS approval. A few examples of flight tests for ETOPS.
- Manufacturer’s checklists for ETOPS.
- The different ETOPS ratings and what they mean for aviation.
- EDTO, and how it relates to ETOPS. Implications for the transition from ETOPS to EDTO.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be issued with a certificate.